Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hopeless 2.0


Let's be honest! After a while I was starting to get bored with all the lovey-dovey things going on, it started getting predictable until.... EVERYthing changed. 

Sky went over to Holder's house the night after he mumbled " I love you HOPE" in his sleep. He is lucky that Sky is nothing like me, because I would of woup his behind! 
Well let be realistic two seventeen year olds in a house alone. In a room. On a bed. Things are bound to happen, naturally. 

Sky thought she was ready, all clothing off and the actions about to start but it is interrupted by the sound of sobbing. Who was crying you may ask.... Sky. Hmmmmm I thought you were ready? Holder was understanding, which isn't surprising since it wasn't his idea in the first place.

While looking for the bathroom at Holder's house, Sky ended up in Les's room.  

Maybe I should mention that Leslie is Dean Holder's sister who committed suicide the year before.

So yeah, she ended up in Leslie's room where she found herself looking at pictures of her and her friends, family, and so on. But when she laid eye on a picture of Leslie and her brother when they were younger the fact that everything seemed SO familiar was strange. But then that is what she noticed. That bracelet Holder got so mad upon seeing.  

And that's when slowly her memories started to come back... 
"
“Who the hell is Hope?”
He keeps his eyes locked on mine and his hands placed firmly on the doorframe, but he can’t answer me. For some reason he doesn’t want me to know. He doesn’t want me to remember who I was. I take a deep breath and try to fight back the tears. I’m too scared to say it, because I don’t want to know the answer.
“Is it me?” I ask, my voice shaking and full of trepidation. “Holder…am I Hope?”
He lets out a quick breath at the same time he looks up at the ceiling, almost as if he’s struggling not to cry. He closes his eyes and lays his forehead against his arm, then takes a long, deep breath before looking back at me. “Yes.”"

Ok... Shocker. 
I mean I would never expect Holder and Sky to be friends before she was adopted. But now, nothing Lauren said adds up. 
At first Sky is confused and upset at Holder for not telling her sooner, and as she breaks down she is not forgiving him any. 

Ok away from the topic for a minute... I finally figured out why the book is named "Hopeless".
This is a memory that came back to Sky -or Hope I'm not even sure what she is to be called anymore:

" “Hope!” he yells, still sitting on the steps. “I give up!” He looks around the yard, then sighs quietly. He mumbles and kicks at the gravel under his foot and it makes me laugh. Lesslie punches me on the arm and tells me to be quiet.
He starts laughing, and at first I think it’s because he hears us, but then I realize he’s just talking to himself.
“Hope and Les,” he says, quietly. “Hopeless.” He laughs again and stands up. “You hear that?” he yells, cupping his hands around his mouth. “The two of you are hopeless!” " 
That makes sense now the name i mean! Everything makes sense!  

Okay, now here is was the story Holder told Sky/ Holder:  
"
 “We lived next door to you and your dad for a year. You and me and Les…we were all best friends. It’s so hard to remember faces from that long ago, though. I thought you were Hope, but I also thought that if you really were her, I wouldn’t be doubting it. I thought if I ever saw her again, I’d know for sure.
“When I left the grocery store that day, I immediately looked up the name you gave me online. I couldn’t find anything about you, not even on Facebook. I searched for an hour straight and became so frustrated that I went for a run to cool down. When I rounded the corner and saw you standing in front of my house, I couldn’t breathe. You were just standing there, worn out and exhausted from running and…Jesus, Sky. You were so beautiful. I still wasn’t sure if you were Hope or not, but at that point it wasn’t even going through my mind. I didn’t care who you were; I just needed to know you.
“After spending time with you that week, I couldn’t stop myself from going to your house that Friday night. I didn’t show up with the intention of digging up your past or even in the hopes that something would happen between us. I went to your house because I wanted you to know the real me, not the me you had heard about from everyone else. After spending more time with you that night, I couldn’t think of anything else besides figuring out how I could spend more time with you. I had never met anyone who got me the way you did. I still wondered if it was possible…if you were her. I was especially curious after you told me you were adopted, but again, I thought maybe it was a coincidence.
“But then when I saw the bracelet…” He stops talking and takes his hand off of my back. His fingers slide under my chin and he pulls my face away from my knees and makes me look him in the eyes. “My heart broke, Sky. I didn’t want you to be her. I wanted you to tell me you got the bracelet from your friend or that you found it or you bought it. After all the years I spent searching for you in every single face I ever looked at, I finally found you…and I was devastated. I didn’t want you to be Hope. I just wanted you to be you.”
“The day Les gave you that bracelet, you were crying. I remember every single detail like it happened yesterday. You were sitting in your yard against your house. Les and I sat with you for a long time, but you never stopped crying. After she gave you your bracelet she walked back to our house but I couldn’t. I felt bad leaving you there, because I thought you might be mad at your dad again. You were always crying because of him and it made me hate him. I don’t remember anything about the guy, other than I hated his guts for making you feel like you did. I was only six years old, so I never knew what to say to you when you cried. I think that day I said something like, ‘Don’t worry…He won’t live forever."
And then I did something I’ve regretted, “I walked to my front yard even though I knew I should have sat back down in the grass beside you. I stood in my front yard and I watched you cry into your arms, when you should have been crying into mine. I just stood there…and I watched the car pull up to the curb. I watched the passenger window roll down and I heard someone call your name. I watched you look up at the car and wipe your eyes. You stood up and you dusted off your shorts, then you walked to the car. I watched you climb inside and I knew whatever was happening I shouldn’t have just been standing there. But all I did was watch, when I should have been with you. It never would have happened if I would have stayed right there with you.”
“They took you. Whoever was in that car, they took you from your dad, from me, from Les. You’ve been missing for thirteen years, Hope.” 
"

Ok, there it is! I was left speechless, for my entire Science period not to forget French. And I just had the urge to walk around an tell everyone to read it. 

I mean that was the most unpredictable thing ever, I mean them knowing each other was like wow! But this right here.... I was just like :O 

8 comments:

  1. That's crazy! The story completely switched up. What do you think is going to happen next? More posts please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right! im not sure what will happen next, but im sure it is something crazy!

      Delete
  2. The story seems to be getting interesting, is the text very vivid when it comes to them " in alone alone" ? Do you think it's suitable for a girl of your age?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dont worry Lenny it does get too vivid, just vivid enough.

      Delete
  3. This book is sick! If you haven't already told me what was going to happen I would've bought the book and read it all in two days! I love it. More posts so I can know what's going to happen next. IMPATIENT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your should read "Hopless 3.0" it gets WAY more interesting

      Delete
  4. That book is amazing. I wonder what will happen next. What did Hope or Sky do after she was told that she had been taken away for thirteen years ??? MORE POST ARE NEEDED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhhhh! to find out you will have to read the future post :o

      Delete